Normally, multiple things in the software need to be checked if your campaign's Immediate Text Message isn't going out. Most likely, all the text messages in all your campaigns won't go out as well. Check the below points:
1. Your SMS Settings are not set up properly.
Go to Settings > General Settings > SMS Settings and check if you've already set it up. If you've already copied your Twilio/Txtria SID and Token, make sure that you've selected your number. For Clicksend, you only need to enter your Username and API key.
2. Your Twilio account is still on TEST/DEMO mode
This is also one of the many reasons why the SMS from the campaigns aren't going out. Test numbers are very limited and won't work expectedly on live scenarios. You need to UPGRADE your Twilio account.
3. Your campaign does not have an Immediate Text Message or it is DISABLED
Sometimes it's funny but it can actually happen. Edit your campaign, go to Step 4 and make sure that:
- Your Immediate SMS is "Enabled". Your campaign won't send the Immediate Message if, in the first place, it's not enabled.
- You have an Immediate SMS Message. If your Immediate SMS is enabled but you don't actually have any message inside it, then there's nothing to send in the first place.
4. You ran out of Twilio SMS credits
Although this rarely happens, it can still happen. No SMS credits = no sends.
- If the above steps did not help, you may need to check the error on your SMS API's end. For instance, on Twilio, you need to go to the settings of the number that you used for the campaign and go to its outgoing SMS logs section. The logs will show all the messages that went out from your campaign as well as the ones that failed. The failed ones would show an error code where the description can be searched as well. If the error doesn't have a description when you opened up a failed message log, you can then search for the description on the web. For instance "Twilio error code #####". You can let us know about the error description or just reach out directly to Twilio's support. You can also check out the same thing on other SMS API's that the software integrates with.
5. SMS Carriers are blocking your shortener URL (if using TinyURL as the SMS URL Shortener)
If you're using TinyURL, try to switch to other SMS shorteners such as Bitly or Rebrandly. More info is in this article.