EIN and Business Setup FAQ

Do I really need an EIN if living in Canada? Where and when do I need that or does a Canadian Social Insurance Number work instead?
Yes, you need an EIN. In the back-office under Non-US Citizens, there is a video showing exactly how to get it. It's easy to follow and very informative.
Tue, Jul 2, 2024 at 6:26 PM
I already have an LLC company and EIN. I am self-employed. Can I use this company to get my merchant accounts, or would it create a conflict with this program?
You don’t need another company or EIN, but you should get a separate DBA business name. It's advisable to file a fictitious name form to avoid legal iss...
Tue, Jul 2, 2024 at 6:27 PM
I have a registered LLC from 2013 that hasn't had any activity. Can I use it for the merchant accounts or should I start a new one?
You can probably reactivate it by paying the annual fees (usually $25 to $50).
Tue, Jul 2, 2024 at 6:27 PM
What do Canadians need to do to get set up?
There is a detailed video in the back-office under NON-US Citizens explaining how to get an EIN and a bank account.
Tue, Jul 2, 2024 at 6:28 PM
Can I use a WY registered agent to set up LLCs, or do I need to have an LLC in my state?
It's up to you. WY offers more privacy of ownership.
Tue, Jul 2, 2024 at 6:28 PM